Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fire Encasing my Soul

I feel You tonight,
just tonight
I hear that voice
that called me,
called out to me at creation
speaking unspeakable wonders
as I drifted alone,
never knowing a soul,
never knowing I was made
just made for something so much more.

I'm drunk off our love,
the grace that bought me
the mercy that saved me
I'm casting about
with no footing
praying I find You
at the end of this long night.

This closer to death
I never felt more alive
hearing You call
and feeling the touch
knowing this world is crashing
and soon,
so very soon the veil of the sky
will be ripped back
and torn in two
just like in the temple
and no more will we cry alone,
no more hurt
no more disease.

No longer will we feel alone
but this divide
that seemingly was eternal
will be cast aside
and Love,
perfect, pure, infinite Love
filling my sight
and filling me
with such love
that I'm drunk again.
I can't stand,
move or talk,
I lay here overwhelmed
knowing that,
knowing what it means
to be forever loved.

No comments: