Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love in the Eye of the Beholder

Bright lit regards
as I see the light unfolds
and God my soul burns
lifted on this melody
as I sing,
Lord sing unto thee.

Take this song,
this cracked voice
and shaken hands
as I hold here.
Braving my humanity
as I long to be
just to be
there again.

Was this love ever real?
Was it ever pure?
Did it exist beyond this sick mind?
We have the ecstasy of the soul
and the intense passion
of being lost in and within You
time and time again.

I feel Your touch,
your smell intoxicates me
and I'm drunk off of the heat
and the fervor of Your Word.

I'm so sick for my Love,
so sick to feel love
hurting so bad to hear
just hear again
just why
just how
all this came to be.

I want to run
I want to hide
just remain in shame
ashamed I never could be
never could love You
or shower You with the same grace
You gave to me.

I hunger
I thirst
I ache
so bad for You,
so dearly for You.
My Love, my love
I can't live without You
without Your words
without the Word
of hope
of life
of regards to peace.

Oh Lover
come once again,
return me to Your side
for I left in fear
and shame of the person I've been.
I need You tonight,
I need you today
every waking hour of life
be mine
and let me be thine.

No comments: