Sunday, January 11, 2009

Streaming Thoughts And A Little Misplaced Hate

I can't tell what I'm feeling today,
I can't tell what's right.
I don't know what I'm feeling today
and I don't know if it's right.

Half the time I love you
and half the time I hate,
half the time I like you
and half the time it's hate.
It's every other moment of life you see
that makes it so hard.
Because half the time I'm loving you
and half the time it's hate.

I hear that life is going okay
or maybe it's just great.
I keep hearing that life is okay
and I wonder what is wrong with a little hate.
When you shape things in life
after yourself
you get a little half baked
You get full of self fulfilled intent.
But wasn't that the reason?

It's almost as if your beauty brings me tears
as much as it brought me agitated hate,
just over the left ice on the floor.
Not to mention all of the fear
that was brought by trying to trust
something so sublime
as pure unadulterated hate.

It's not that my passion is fading,
it's not like the night is late,
it's not like my passion is fading
because it's all you I hate.

And the clock spins another time
as we dance this last number
all across this space
not able to stop for a dime
or for you that matter.

Just because you get tired of the ride
doesn't mean it can stop at your leisure.
Just because you get tired of the company
doesn't mean it's easy to get off the ship.
The journey has just started doll
so despite the screams
over the explosive din,
I do hope it's a pleasant one.

Because,
as I hope you do know,
half the time I love you
and half the time I hate,
half the time I like you
and half the time I hate.
It's every other moment of life you see
that makes it so hard.
Half the time I'm loving you
and half the time it's hate.

Half of the time it's hate,
maybe sometimes it's lust
and other times fear
or maybe just maxim feelings of must
intermingled with beer.
Confixed angels
with broken wings,
trusted angles
with broken rules
trusted lies with fixed rulers.
It all runs on and on,
broken syntax intermingled with this
and that
and misplaced irony for two.

No comments: