Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Dreams Only Dreamed

Jesus Christ
just this let this break,
let this heart shatter,
let the pain be real
and this this break.

Make me new
like only you can.
Take this blood
and renew.

Like only you can,
like only you can.

No waxing metaphor
can compare
or illustrate
this love.

So please let me break,
please break this heart
so full of shame,
just let me shatter
so we can be one.
End this charade
and unite
this endless divide
so we can be one.

And simply let me break
so we can be together,
oh my love
only in ways imagined
let us be one,
endless in love
and
endless in hope,
forgotten dreams realized
in ways only You know,
let your hope burn
and renew.

But first,
please let me break.
Let this break and end.
Bring about the revolt,
bring about my end.
Just this end
and let it break.
End this hollow words
at your command
and beckon me forward
in shades of life
absent of gray.

Oh please let me break,
let me be new.
Let me fly to you.
Just make me break
and be yours
and you be mine
in ways we only dreamed.
So let this break
so we may be one.

No comments: