Tuesday, August 4, 2009

With Love

With trying to feel,
to love at all
it makes me feel,
makes me feel like I'm a child
just a child playacting as an adult.
A needy child aching for his mother
not knowing why falling down hurts.
I ache and cry
while hoping and trying
living with thoughts of dying
and all and all and all
is all we got.
Singing this same song again and again.

Can I hear You tell me
the why and how
the way things came to be.
Just one more bed time story,
just one more time why we're here
and where this is all going.

Sing to me again and again,
this same old song we've heard
from beginning until end.
Sing to me Love
and help me to understand why.

Oh love sing to me again
it's never been about me
but if you believed,
just if you could believe in me
and could carry this weight
around your neck.
Can you believe in me
believe in Your song and me
once again?

Just one last song for the night
on final time to say goodbye
and kiss the stars,
see them burn out of fight.
While I see you standing
standing in pale moonlight.
Is this all we have left?
Just Love?

Sing to me once more,
open the heavens,
challenge the sky,
leave what is wrong
and let us leave all this below
and become enraptured
in this Muse inspired song.
And let us sing once more
together over life
and Love.

No comments: