Thursday, April 21, 2011

Live, Life, Love

So many thoughts.
Disconnected.
Disorientation.

I see but do not see.
I feel but cannot touch.

Glass boxes
and reminders
that all is not well.

Broken souls
and dejected lives,
painful breaths
and realizations of time.

Can I breath?
Dare I live?
Let go of pain
and refuse
to be defined
by illness.

To escape from pain,
flee across these plains
and traverse the deserts
with their hellish heat,
knowing full well the price.

Everything
and nothing.

You look into me
and for You my insides ache.


I want to protect
and learn to love
but so much is true
when it is false.

I hurt so much.
Do you see
and feel everything I am?
Does it matter that I am?
I can't be a hero
but I can choose to love
and let everything lose,
these prayers
and reluctance to live.

No comments: