Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Proverbs 19

"Better a poor man whose walk is blameless
than a fool whose lips are perverse.
It is not good to have zeal without knowledge,
nor to be hasty and miss the way.
A man's own folly ruins his life,
yet his heart rages against the LORD."
-Proverbs 19:1-3


Poor, foolish, rash, folly and rage...oh dear so much rage...

How does scripture know me better than I know myself?
I go from wanting to hide my head in the sand to screaming curses to the heavens...and yet here I am, my fleeting life preserved when I have done so much sin and done so willingly and gleefully.

How do you love such a wicked man that merely masquerades as a son?


Loving correction and a chance at a new day...I can breath, taste, smell, feel, experience every day...thank you.
Thank you, thank you.

I can pain so many pictures of myself and what it is like to be in love with me...please continue to teach me, correct me, love me, break me...and help me grow.

I can't stand the distance between us...please fill in the gap and love me.

Who am I?
Words...so many words...
But thank you.
Again and again Beloved, thank you.

No comments: