Monday, August 2, 2010

Psalm 92

"You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy because of what you have done.
O Lord, what great works you do!
And how deep are your thoughts."
-Psalm 92:4-5


Thrill...yes.
That is a magnificent word for what you keep doing for me Daddy.
I have to ask...why me?
Not in the whispered moans of pain as I have in the past...but in the exulted whispers of one who never knew such joy was possible...

For those on the outside looking in...yes it has something to do with the changes, the beauty, the hope...but no at the same time!

You have carried me so far.
I've been alive for twenty-four years.
So much pain, so much sin, so much change for pain...but you have brought me out of the dark, you have carried me, loved me...taken care of me.

I love you.
I love you.
My words will never be enough
to give justice
for how I was broken
and abandoned to despair,
yet my Lover found me
and is redeeming me.

Even with this pain
I can breath freely.
My soul has never been alone
and my hand is held at night
even when distance keeps us apart,
drawing the two of us to where we must go.

Love, love, love.
Such beauty.
Such divine rest.

No comments: