Sunday, April 11, 2010

Christian Nihilism

All that is temporal is too late and already faltering in step. It is hard to make a risk on such a thing...as people when it feels like all there is behind the curtain...is just more heart wrenching pain.

But what is the alternative?
Isolation?
Eternally temporal fear?

There is nothing I need...or want to want...want to desire more than God.
Everything else will die, everyone else will go away in the end...

Why can I not just be content with the eternal?
Why must the temporal go on ripping my heart asunder while I plead for a cure for this anxiety leading towards death?

I just...want...or need...or...or...

There are words, poor words.
Fear...hate...fear...

There has to be more to this than the pain.
There has to be more life than this death.

I see across this chasm,
across the billowing ocean
a Love burning so bright
that I scarcely comprehend
but know I am being pulled.

The night is dying
and my hope
oh my hope is crying
as I feel the darkness creep.
The night will end
but until then we must go onward.

No comments: