Friday, October 16, 2009

Unspoken Domain

I'm looking, looking for something.
Feeling for something new
hoping for something old.
Knowing I'm going
and when I'm going
I'll be gone
so far gone from here
that I'll never need to hear
or stop to feel
what it meant to be
standing in the shoes
not sure of where I fall
or where this expanse is becoming.

The fact I'm an adult is terrifying.
I was told this was to be mine
and I don't even know
know what that means anymore.

Was I born here for purpose?
Born here for reason?
This isn't the land of my fathers
for that is a place I don't even know of.
I'm hoping to hope
and praying for more
for all this is going to be
is leading to places I've never seen.

I'll follow
but never pretend
or act like I am the one to lead
because
this isn't my story,
it never was
nor could it be
for I was created
and born
made to inhabit
this space and time
and so I shall
until the call Home
and everything
is brought together
in one accord
and onto one knee.

No comments: