Friday, October 23, 2009

Quote of the Day - Part Three:

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”
-C.S. Lewis




I know that is the truth...but if the price of love...of friendships...of making family is nothing but this bitter sting of pain and isolation...I wish I never would have had it to begin with. I wish I never breathed the air of this same terra firma as the notion of pain and love...I wish the best possible of worlds truly did exist and it was nowhere near this Hell.

That is my current struggle.

I want to close my heart, my mind, my soul and just let it rot...or just end it all.

I don't like who I am or what I have become...so bitter and jaded over doing the right thing. I don't think...in fact I know it isn't just you...or one or two other things...it's a life that has been spiraling downward for years trying to serve myself.

I want peace, I want grace...I want...

Yeah, I want that too.

But I just can't live with it, I can't function without it.

It's angst, it's been drawn and cut off, it's been reminded that to live is to hurt...and hurting and pain are how we define our existence...UNTIL we find something bigger than ourselves.

And I have that in You Love...it's just the rest of your damn creation that is driving me mad right now. Your daughters and sons...someday...I hope we can sit down and have a chat about this. I can have my cat and dog there...and just be held by you while I cry about the pain and have You take it away...drawing the venom and pain from my soul as give me grace, give me the eternal love that You are.

No comments: