Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blissful Interloping Pain

Jesus, why do I bother to open my mouth?

I talk about how it feels like, how much pain I am in, like razor blades mixed with liquid fire, well I deserve worse than that for complaining so much when there are those worse off then me.

I'm singing so poor
so far off the key
that I don't want this
I want to leave by the door
and leave this forevermore
and just ditch this useless day
and live at night by candlelight.

My eyes stopped seeing
around the time
my heart stopped feeling
it's almost worth the tears
to just say again
how this is criminal,
knowing I betrayed You
by this heartbeat
and every thought I had
was about me, never You.

I would ask to feel hope
but no one numb can
at all.
Redistributed
and fallin
just fallen in here
falling to You
falling for You
and praying it hurts
when I crash
and break through this ice.

Not just because I hate me
but because I love You.
Take these nerve strands,
just unwind them
let me feel again,
let me love again
just take these prayerful
foolish inkling of wanting me
instead of just You.

No comments: