Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tentative Diagnosis

Today during my second doctors appointment he suggested that I might be suffering from Fibromyalgia, which far from being good news it is much better than it could be.

Rather then try and explain the disease I'll post some links and let you go read and come back at your leisure.

Take your time.

I'll wait for you I promise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079/DSECTION=symptoms
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/AR00056


...back?

Okay good.

What does this mean?

I'm actually happy to have some sort of label for my problems...more than once I have thought that (and have been told by what I assume are well meaning people) that I was, to be blunt, insane. I would be in excruciating pain one day and the next in moderate pain. No real patterns existed except pain. So to a degree I feel a certain kind of validation...now that I know what the problem is I can start trying to work towards some sort of solution.

It's a fresh of breath air.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with a doctor at the clinic to talk about treatment options as well as a list of diagnostic questions I have to try and rule out some other possible diseases that could be contributing to things.

Things are still tense around here...I've never been a big fan of family vacations to begin with but certain factors out of my control are making things...extra stressful.

Depending what happens in the morning we may be staying another couple nights or coming home...it just depends on the next doctor appointment. So...we shall see.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. We'll see how deep this particular rabbit hole goes...

No comments: