Saturday, August 15, 2009

Speaking of Garbage

What is this faith of mine?
What is it I truly believe?

I've been on this Jesus kick since I was nine years old and I've been playing at being Bono since age fourteen.

What is this faith?

Is it because of this deep set empathy I have, seeing people hurting and feel that hurt in my soul, that causes me to fall on broken knees crying?

Is it for faith that I cut myself with words of criticism and bitter hate?
Is it for faith that I disgrace myself day in and out being reluctant to choose or decide?
Is it for faith that I have forgotten the Face of my Father?

Is it for love that I curse and spite those who disagree with me?
Is it for the sake of hope that I bring myself low just so I can open my eyes to see people stare at me?

Has this been a farce?
Has this all been an obscene parade with the focus on myself?


"We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment."
-1 Corinthians 4:12

No comments: