Monday, June 29, 2009

Water On the Soul

Oceans keep us apart,
waves rip your hand from mine
and fools dance about
singing their songs
being the unwanted jester
on an unwanted day.
These nails dig a route
hitting where they belong
touching where the pain festers
and I think just
just maybe,
I'm falling again.
Loosing step
being out of time with your heart
and in beat with the misstep
not knowing when
not knowing when this might end.
Knowing the distance
and the heart at the end of the line
just makes the day that much harder
knowing the more I long
the more I hunger
the more I pine
for these absolutes
for guidance and the sign
and how to sing this song
letting you know
this isn't a farce.

My words are false
a shade of pretentious hollow
matched only by Lucifer
but for once I see
I feel the shallow
the depth of my heart
the blinders
holding me as the cries
just echo
across fields
piercing dry eyes
and I yield
to the pressure.

Take me if You hear me,
hold me if You care.
Divinity is on Your side
and I'm at a slight disadvantage.
You see my despair
and the length of the chasm
where this all is.

No comments: