Monday, April 13, 2009

Touch of a Muse

The burning cancer in me
speaks in verse
demanding attention
the breaking of my spirit
and bending of my knees.
I can't remmeber the last time I saw Your face,
the last time I felt Your touch,
the last moment I didn't doubt everything.

If pain is the only thing left in creation
than let this end.
End all this pain and make this all new.
If there is hope to own
then dear God bring us back to life again.

My heart is such a black, broken and fetid thing.
I never knew pain felt so much like pain
and that faith would feel like fire in my bones
burning with no relief.
I never knew the journey we started together
would one day lead us here,
to this point of irreducible complexity
of both our hearts and minds interlocking
and being graced by the lips and breath of an angel.

No comments: