Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dark in the Day

More pain, more death.
What is next?
Will this cycle every end?
How much more pain will we have to endure
while we wait for your return?
How much is truth?
How much is fable?
What are the lies we tell ourselves,
just so we can sleep at night?

How can I ever love these people
when I hate myself?
How will I ever lead anyone
when I am so unsure myself?
When will your light burn
and love manifest itself?

How many more tears will be shed,
who will be the next to leave?
How can we know what is next?
Does your love endure beyond the grave?

Will you be there on that final day
to hold my hand
and keep me close when I at last fade?

Home seems like an impossible concept.
This impossible fable of hope.
That love can endure this world,
that your peace and grace are something more.
What is truth?

Questions floating in a void of doubt
come back to my side even though
I am the one who ran from you
and embrace myself.
Lead me home to your side
where eternity stretches
past the breadth of my failure
and the width of the chasm of sin
which separated us for all these years.

Take me,
mold me,
break me,
love me
and never leave me
like I left You.

Your love is new forever,
every day renewed
and more beautiful than before.
Amen and amen.

No comments: