Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fleeting Thoughts

I want them to see
what I myself am afraid to see,
the fear of my soul
and my heart missing beats.
The joy bursting out of my soul
at the merest brush of your thought.
Everything I've thought I am is nothing
compared to you.

Every waking moment
of every stolen dream
is just a reminder
of the chasm between you and I.
Grace never seemed enough
and forgiveness seemed fake.
But in this night time of the day,
the darker moments of me being lost
You still will have me,
will love me and carry me.
Take this broken heart
and save me from myself.

Even at the darkest moment of my hate,
my hate at this world
but mostly at myself.
Thank you for loving me enough
to let me live
and to do what I have.
This sick body may not have much,
but whatever it is we can be together
from now until the end of eternity.

No comments: