Thursday, November 1, 2007

Goooooooood morning Nanowrimo!

So I didn't sleep much (for those who have been on pins and needles worrying about the fate of your beloved writer) for whatever reason. I was asleep before or around 2AM and woke up at 7, right on the dot.

I'm currently working up the energy and focus to write. I have a glass of water, glass of Mellow Yellow (I will shoot the first person to hum that annoying song)a a banana and 2.5 mini chocolate crunch bars and I have what would be the equivalent of a shot glass size drink of my Starbucks white chocolate mocha from last night, good to the last drop.

I am rather suprised I was able to jump ahead so fast and already break a thousand words. However the annoying doubt is starting to creep in. That is why I have my text like this in my novel:

As it were our story begins on a day that was quite similar to most days but in fact it was not just another day.

See it? That is part of the genuis. That really is the first line of my novel that I have unveiled to the world. Be in awe. Fawn over it, love it, shower it with praise and me with wheelbarrows of cash...most importantly go out and preorder two dozen copies of my book that doesn't even have a name!

"Why?" A sane person might ask because it is me, says I to you silly logical people.

But first, I must do some meditating and the proper amount of self loathing so I can get into the spirit of things.

No comments: