Sunday, June 3, 2012

Psalms 63

"O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!
I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy."
-Psalms 63:1-5

I'm so distant from where I feel I should be.
So much debt.
So many bills.
So many problems.
Pain and sickness.
I feel like I'm drowning.

Is this the life I'm supposed to be living?
Obsessed and talking in circles.
Me.
Me.
Me.

Can I hear you over the sound of my own voice?
I need Your breath, Your voice and Your presence.
I need You.
I am nothing.
This fading candle that is lost in the rain and wind.
Please don't let me extinguish in this night.

I want to lock up, get lost in myself.
Find a place to lay down and die.
And hide.
Hide from You and life.
But I want to break free.
And make You proud.

"Love, rescue me."

No comments: